- Learning Environments
- Outdoor activity is a fundamental part of curriculum at Montecito. Every classroom has its own large playground.
- Our 2-acre campus is filled with trees, plants, animals and insects.
- Our playgrounds are outdoor classrooms with many activities to choose from.
- Our outdoor environment is accessible, safe and inviting to young children.
- Classrooms have at least six (6) learning centers:
Blocks, dramatic play, science, listening/writing, circle/music and story/quiet corner.
- Large classroom windows let in natural light and expose children to the ever-changing skies and seasons of nature.
- Animal cages, terrariums, fish tanks and birdhouses can also be found inside each classroom or play yard.